Instrument identification tags are designed for single-use identification and securing of instruments, trays, cabinets, carts or other equipment as they move from sterilisation to staging areas to surgery. The tags snap easily into place and most can be quickly pulled or twisted for removal.
Available in a wide range of styles, colours and configurations, they provide theatre and CSSD staff with a simple, convenient and economical way to communicate critical information. Uses include:
- special handling instructions, i.e. “Loaner”
- instruments for repair, i.e. “Sharpen”, “Broken”, “Repair”
- priority instruments for sterilisation, i.e. “Quick Turnover”
- securing trays and carts from tampering
- tracking instruments and trays with unique numbered tags
Here is a quick guide to choosing the correct tag based on our wide selection of tags from Key Surgical:
The original tamper-resistant locking tag available in a range of variations including:
o 12 different colours
o Printed with commonly-used labels
o Printed with unique numbers
Locking Tags and Case Locking Tags that include indicator dots on tags that change color to indicate exposure to steam sterilisation (blue dot changes to dark dot). To indicate the sterilization status
Case Locking Tags
- Tamper-resistant tags to secure Sterilisation Cases and Containers. Economical and supplied in large-volume packs, but only available in limited colours and variations.
Breakaway tags are adjustable and can be closed around an item until tight (like a cable tie). Tamper -resistant and available in a variety of colours, as well as the option of having unique numbering.
- Write-On Tags allow specific messages and instructions to be written on each tag where more detailed communication is necessary. Each pack of 100 comes with 100 cable ties and one black marker. Steam sterilisable and can attach to instruments, trays, etc. Available in plain and pre-printed variations.
- Smart Tags are a modern variation on Write-On Tags and include a barcode on the tag as well as a tear-off barcode to provide additional tracking. Each pack of 100 comes with 100 cable ties and 1 black marker. Steam sterilisable and can attach to instruments, trays, etc. Available in plain and pre-printed variations.
- Double-sided, self-looping tags designed to help capture important information about scopes. Available in seven colors for easy color coding and includes the month, day, and date selection (1-31) on one side of the tag. Each package includes a lab marker.