1) ELITE MEDICAL
- 1.1.1. E & L May Pty Ltd ACN 097 150 902 as trustee for The EMS Family Trust trading as Elite Medical ABN 27 886 845 662;
- 1.1.2. any organisation or body corporate owned or operated by the entity described in Clause 1.1.1.
2) PRIVACY ACT
- 2.1. The Privacy Act 1998 (Act) regulates the way we deal with your personal information.
- 2.2. We will comply with the Act and the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
- 2.3. The Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 can be viewed on the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website at https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/lodge-a-privacy-complaint-with-us
3) PERSONAL INFORMATION
4) INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
- 4.1. We only collect personal information that is necessary for the provision of the services, goods and equipment you require from us.
- 4.2. Your personal information will be securely stored and not disclosed to other parties outside the organisations referred to in Clause 1 without your written consent unless we are required to by law.
- 4.3. Other than to comply with any valid law or legal direction, your personal information will not be entered into any government or non-government data base.
- 4.4 The information we collect from you will only be that information reasonably required by us to perform the services or provide the equipment or goods you have sought from us.
- 4.5. In particular, we confirm your personal information will not be provided to third parties for marketing or fundraising purposes.
5) HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1. We may collect your personal information:
- 5.1.1. directly from you either in person, over the phone or by email or other form of communication; or
- 5.1.2. from third parties where you have specifically authorised us to do so; or
- 5.1.3. through our website, forms on our website and through our apps and forms on our apps.
- 5.2. We may keep copies and originals of any documents or notes from our discussions with you (in physical or electronic form as we decide) as is necessary to carry out our functions and provide our services and equipment and other goods.
- 5.3. All of our staff and employees who may have access to your personal information have been trained to respect and protect the confidentiality of your personal information and we will:
- 5.5. destroy or de-identify information that is no longer needed in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles; and
- 5.6. correct any of your personal information which is incorrect or outdated.
6) YOUR ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 6.1. Under the Act, subject to some exemptions, you have the right to obtain access to any of your personal information which we hold. If you would like to access or seek correction of your personal information, please contact our ‘Privacy Officer’ on the email address email@example.com
- 6.2. There is no application fee for making a request to access your personal information however for security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing, and we reserve the right to seek reasonable identification details from you. We are entitled to seek reimbursement of any reasonable expenses we incur in satisfying your request for access or considering any request to correct your personal information.
- 6.3. If your request for access is refused, we will provide you with a written explanation of our reasons for the refusal and give you details on how to make a complaint if you wish to do so.
7) WE WILL COMPLY WITH THE NOTIFIABLE DATA BREACHES SCHEME
- 7.1. We will notify you if any personal information is involved in a data breach that is likely to result in serious harm. This notification will include recommendations about what steps you can take in response to the breach.
- 7.2. Where we are obliged to do so we will also notify the Australian Information Commission of eligible data breaches.
- 7.3. Each suspected data breach reported to us will be assessed to determine whether it is likely to result in serious harm and as a result require notification.
8) ENQUIRIES AND COMPLAINTS
- 8.1. If you would like further information about the way we manage the personal information we collect and hold please contact the Privacy Officer at the email address in Clause 6.1.
- 8.2. If you believe we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles or the Act and wish to complain you should direct your complaint in writing to ‘Managing Director, Elite Medical, 128 Lytton Road, Bulimba or call on 07 3899 1300 to obtain the relevant email address of the Managing Director. We will investigate your complaint in a timely manner and respond in writing.
- 8.3. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint a complaint can be lodged with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner pursuant to the information obtained on https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/before-you-lodge-a-complaint-with-us/question-1/